Melanin Market LA


How do I become a vendor?

Please submit a vendor registration form which can be found under the Vendors tab. Once your registration form has been submitted, you must follow the next steps outlined. Failure to follow all steps will void your submission. *Please note submission of the form alone does not guarantee your participation. Once all information has been reviewed, a team member will reach out to confirm participation and complete payment.

What are the space fees?

A 6ft x 6ft space is $45.

A 10ft x 10ft space is $85.

A 10ft x 20ft space is $125.

Food Trucks: Contact us to discuss options.

When is the registration deadline?

All registration forms must be submitted no later than 11:59pm PSD, 7 days prior to the market date. Once registration is closed, no exceptions will be made.

Do I need to obtain a seller’s permit to be a vendor?

You are required to have a permit if you are selling, even temporarily, new or handcrafted items or used items you purchased for the purpose of reselling to others. You are not required to hold a permit if you are only making occasional” sales, selling products that are not taxable when sold at retail, or selling on behalf of a section 6015 retailer.

What are “occasional” sales?

Occasional sellers are usually people who are not required to hold a seller’s permit because they will not be making a series of qualifying sales. A person who has cleared their garage of used items accumulated for their own use and who sells only those items would usually qualify as an occasional seller, provided they make sales no more than twice in a 12-month period.

Where can I get more information about obtaining a seller’s permit?

Please visit the California Department of Tax & Fee Administration website to needed information.

Can I be a vendor a the market if I sell hot food?

You can definitely be a vendor at our markets. Please make sure you have all permits needed to operate as a temporary food facility as well. Please be able to meet the requirements listed on the Health Code Requirements for Community Events in LA County document (pages 3-7). Each hot food vendor will be required to obtain a Community/Seasonal Event Permit and be able to meet the outlined requirements.

Is a food handlers permit required?

We require all vendors who intend to sell food to check if they need a Food Handlers card. Please visit the California Food Handlers website to find out if you required to have a food handlers card, as well as obtain one if needed..

Can I purchase ad space?

If you are interested in having MMLA advertise your company/brand/event please contact us to discuss options.

What is the Black Dollar Bank?

The Black Dollar Bank is another way to market your business and setting up a Collectors Membership is completely FREE for Melanin Market Vendors. Because Melanin Market LA is a "Collectors Hub" we advise all MMLA vendors sign up and define the perks of your Black Dollar to attract more customers to your business both inside and outside of our markets. If you are interested in signing up, or if you have any questions about how it all works, please contact for more information.